Entry Formalities for Domestic Tourists:
Inner Line Pass is required for entry into Mizoram and can be obtained from Liaison Officer, Government of Mizoram from the following cities- Kolkata, Silchar, Shillong, Guwahati and New Delhi. Government employees travelling for official purposes are exempted from obtaining ILP but are required to carry a photo identification card with them at all times.
Tourists arriving by air can obtain passes from the Security Officer on arrival at Lengpui Airport, Aizawl.
Two types of ILP can be issued :
- Temporary ILP – The Resident Commissioner, Govt. of Mizoram at New Delhi, the liason Officer – Silchar, Shillong, Guwahati, Kolkatta, the Dy. Superintendent of Police-in-charge of Airport Security at Lengpui Officer-in-charge of Kanhmun Police Station, Administrative Officer, Bairabi and SDO© Ngopa are authorized to issue Temporary ILP in Form E for a period not exceeding 15(fifteen) days to bonafide visitors/tourists or business representatives with intimation to the concerned Deputy Commissioner. For a group of 4 or more persons Restricted Area Permit(RAP) can be obtained from the Government of Mizoram through Liason Officers posted at New Delhi, Kolkatta and Guwahati. For less than 4 persons RAP has to be obtained from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Regular ILP – The Deputy Commissioner of Aizawl District, Lunglei District, Kolasib District, Mamit District, Serchhip District, Champhai District, Lawngtlai District and Saiha District or any other concerned subordinate officer authorized by them on their behalf shall be competent to issue regular ILP for a period not exceeding 6(six)months, subject to the avaibility of a sponsor who is a bonafide indigenous resident.
The following are the necessary steps to get Inner Line Pass :-
- A person who wants to employ non-Mizo person(s) to work in Mizoram has to submit an application for a Provisional Permit written in plain paper and addressed to the Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl.
- The following documents are needed for the application of a Regular Inner Line Permit :
- (a)Form ‘A’ which can be bought for Rs. 20/-
- (b)Temporary Inner Line Permit.
- (c)Provisional Permit
- The applicant for Inner Line Permit must enclose 4 passport size photographs each of the of the Sponsor and the pass holder.
- A regular Inner Line Permit has a term of 18 months and it has to be renewed twice at an interval of every 6 months to be fully valid within these 18 months.
- At the time of every renewal, an application form costing Rs.20/- has to be enclosed. The renewal fee is Rs.100/-
- The Sponsor must present himself at the office in all matters related to Regular Inner Line Permit. With reference to Govt.of Mizoram, Home Department, Notification No.F22016/5/11 HMP dated 10.07.15, an ILP Sponsor has to give a Security Deposit, Bank Deposit At Call at a Bank recognized by the Govt.of Mizoram through DCR Challan. ILP sponsorship cannot be made henceforth unless a security deposit has been made as under:
- (a) A Regular ILP of 6(six) months validity per person – Rs.1000/-
- (b) 2(two)years validity per person – Rs.2000/-
Once the services of the permit holder is no longer required, the sponsor will surrender the ILP to the DC,Aizawl and the Security Deposit will be credited back to the sponsor. Anyone failing to comply will not be permitted to act as sponsor for a period of 2(two)years and he shall forfeit his security deposit. If the ILP is not renewed on time,it may be subjected to cancellation.
Renewal for both Temporary and Regular ILP can be done at District Commissioner’s Office located at Treasury Square, Aizawl.
For tourists originating from Cachar, Hailakandi and Karimganj Districts of Assam State, Electoral Roll details are required due to porous international boundary with Bangladesh and so is the case with persons coming from the state of Tripura.
Tourists entering from Bairabi and Vairengte can obtain ILP from Sub-Deputy Commissioner, Bairabi and Sub-Divisional Officer Vairengte respectively.
ILP cannot be issued at Check gates upon entering the State.
Foreign Tourists :
All foreign nationals have to register themselves at the office of Superintendent of Police (CID/SB) Mizoram who is the designated Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) of the State within 24 hours of arrival.
Citizens of Afghanistan, China and Pakistan and foreign nationals having their origin in these countries would continue to require prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs before entering the state.
The addresses of Mizoram House:
|New Delhi||Resident Commissioner, Government of Mizoram MIZORAM HOUSE, Vasant Vihar
New Delhi 110 021
(Dy R.C.) – 23010548
|Kolkata||(i) Resident Commissioner, Government of Mizoram,
Mizoram House 24, Old Ballygunge road, Kolkata 700 019
Ph: (033) 24615887/24615814 Fax: (033) 24615034
(ii) Resident Commissioner, Government of Mizoram,
|Shillong||Resident Commissioner, Government of Mizoram,
Mizoram House, Cleve Colony, Tripura Castle Road,
Shillong 793 003
Ph: (0364) 2225068
|Guwahati||Resident Commissioner, Government of Mizoram,
Mizoram House, Christian Basti, G.S. Road, Guwahati 781 005
Ph: (0361) 2529411/2452140 Fax: (0361) 2529448
|Silchar||Resident Commissioner, Government of Mizoram,
Mizoram House, Sonai Road, Silchar 788 005,
Ph: (03842) 226166/225655
Naperol Tower, B Flat-35
Reception : 0416-2257332/2256823
Fax : 0416-2252958